What a wonderful summer it’s been!!!
I had many visits to Provincetown, MA; got to meet David Crosby from Crosby, Stills and Nash; cookouts; golf; weddings; great networking events, booze cruises and so much more.
Now that Labor Day has come and gone, it’s time to focus on finishing out the year strong!!!
ConnectPay is celebrating National Payroll Week by having a fun event every day this week to reward our hard working operations staff for a great year so far and getting our minds in the game for our upcoming busy season!!
Lunch on Tuesday, Bagels/Coffee on Wednesday, Ice Cream Sundae’s on Thursday and once the weeks work is done, Margarita’s on Friday!!!
What are you doing to celebrate your employees and plan for the rest of the year this week??
After celebrating your staff, it’s time to start planning your year end.
- if you are an S-Corp owner and have only taken distributions this year, you need to start thinking about taking your required “reasonable compensation”. Speak with your CPA about that. If you don’t have a CPA, please contact me for a referral.
- reviewing your vendors. Which of your vendors have brought value to your business and which haven’t? Start thinking about replacing those who only want your money and haven’t brought real value to your business. I have numerous trusted connections and would be happy to refer you to vendors whom I know, like and trust and with whom I never have a revenue sharing scheme in place with.
- if you have Continuing Education requirements to complete, check your status to make sure you are on plan to finish your required amount
- review your staffing. Do you have enough staff to finish the year?? Do you need to add staff for your busy season? Do you need to replace current staff with better people?
- Design your marketing strategy/marketing calendar for the remainder of the year. this is not to be left to the last minute!! Start thinking NOW exactly what you need to do to attract more centers of influence and more direct clients. We’re in the process of designing our Annual CPA Case Study to be delivered to firms in our network in November.
- Are you in sales?? How are you doing vs. your quota for the year? Strategize with your boss to plan the remainder of the year to make sure you blow away your goals and get rewarded for doing so. Remember that quota is your minimum acceptable performance!
For more information on this or anything related to payroll, don’t hesitate to contact me!!
ConnectPay Payroll Services
2352 Main Street, Suite 303
Concord, Ma 01742